Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some creating and some photos.

I have had some time for creating this weekend and here is what I have done.

Forever young.


Not my usual page and it was a challenge for me to do but something I wanted to do for a very special friend, Yvonne. The lady on the left in the photo. It was her birthday a few weeks back and her bestie, the lady with her in the photo passed away that same day. It has been a rough week or so for her and she wanted to scrap the photo. I know how hard it would be for me to scrap such a photo if it was a close friend of mine without getting emotional and I offered to do it for her.

Ponder.


One of the many photos that was taken by Sandie a few weeks back. A friend of ours made up a Pink Paisley multi size album for her as a thank you in return for doing some photos of her children so that she could use as a portfolio of sorts and I am going to do up a few pages to add to it. This page is a 5 by 7 inch one.

I have used one of my newer Purple Onion stamps on this from the Elegant label set.

I am going to enter this into the current sketch challenge over at Stuck sketches.

Best wishes.


This is will be going into work with me tomorrow. My boss is getting married in two weeks and us girls have all put in to get her something special.

I have used my new Ribbon label stamp from Purple Onion teamed up with a sentiment from the Mini sentiments.

I am gong to enter this into some challenges.

Jay gee inspiration challenge


Before I go here are some photos of my cheeky girl in her new glasses which we picked up on Saturday morning.


She was over the moon when I told her that she could pick out her own this time round.


Well that is all from me for now. I will be back tomorrow to share a sneak of my next heritage class and to also add in the links for the challenges as bloglines is down at the moment and I can't grab the links to them.
As always thanks for popping in, any comments and happy creating.


7 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

WOW Julie!!! what a exquisite PAGE and I can feel that you created it with so much love and feeling ... you gorgeous gal.... I am sure your friend will treasure this forever ..... you are a beautiful soul .... take care, and big hugz x

Mel said...

Oh I love your bright gorgeous page, and such an appropriate title, layered on the Kraft is gorgeous, the layout with the polka dot background is beautiful too. I love those gorgeous shots of Missy and the card is just so beautiful. Melx

yyam said...

How lovely of you to offer to scrap for your friend! That vibrant layout is certainly a great tribute to the friendship! :)

As always, love the soft pretty style of yours! :)

Lizzyc said...

oh such gorgeous layouts.. and such an elegant and special layout for your dear friend..i am sure she will cherish it..

Julie said...

Such gorgeous LO's and card Julie!
I'm sure your friend will treasure always the LO you did for her.

Jay Gee said...

Lovely layouts and card Julie. I am sure your friend will love the layout you did for her. Your daughter looks very happy with her new glasses :) Thank you for joining us at Jay Gee's.

Unknown said...

Julie, these were amazing layout and your card is so perfect for a wedding. Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange