Monday, October 25, 2010

Challenge 17

Over at Let's get shabby is up and have we got a treat for you!
A wonderful array of beautiful creations
from the Shabby Design team which now
includes our five new Shabby Girls!

CHALLENGE #17

is about:

"Raiding Your Sewing Boxes"



But before we have a ‘Non -Sewer Shabby Revolt’ on our hands:
(did some of you throw your hands up in horror!! lol)
you don't need to sew unless you really want too!!

It's important to read all the information here....
---------------------
Our challenge for you this month is to create your project using items from your
SEWING BOX.

We would like to see at least three (noticeable) sewing box treasures on your creations and seeing as our Sponsor Carol creates some amazing embellished pins then
PINS need to be one of your three.




Here is my creation.

A moody princess.



I snapped this photo of Missy after we came home from having our hair cut a few weeks back, two inches off the bottom and shaping around her face and no one has noticed it with having it pointed out to them.

I got her to lay down on the lawn out back and as you can guess from the photo she wasn't happy about it and I just love that stray bit of hair across her face.

Here are some close ups.


My pins and two of my sewing box treasures.

The material that my pins are stuck into is the inside part of an old needle packet that I raided from my Mum's stash from Nan's sewing box. The printed black card under the photo mat has been cut of some old press stud packaging.


And this is my third sewing box treasure. The back side from a packet of old hook and eyes.

Make sure you pop on over and check out what the other girls have done. They have created some awesome projects.

Thanks for popping in, any comments and happy scrapping.

9 comments:

An Zeelmaekers said...

very very very great lo. That color is amazing...and so special with the blackaccents... Love the concept

Miss Mary said...

Beautiful LO!!
Scrap n' Stamp.

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the sound of this challenge!

Gayle Price said...

Hi Julie, your page is wonderful.....I love the intensity of the green and black, and I;m glad we can do the close ups because I would not have seen half the detail that you have; so much.

Lizzyc said...

i love this layout! and what a challenge!! humm my sewing stuff...i should make some time and give this one a go!!

Mel said...

Wow this is awesome, I love your moody princess, please tell her she looks gorgeous with her haircut.....I love what you did with the back of the hook and eye box, and the dimension looks awesome from the bottom corner photo. Love to you both, Melxx

yumiko said...

Hi,julie!!
I love your moody princess,too!!
and I think her hair cut is so beautiful!!!

Sasya said...

love your work!!! so elegant!!

Angela Weimer said...

Such a lovely layout and great use of the 3 items. Love the old hook and Eye packaging. Great idea. Thansk for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela