Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scrapping the music.

The new song is up What I like about you. I had fun scrapping one of my many Albany pics for this one. While down there we popped into the Rivers store as DH wanted some new boots and I seen this Parka for Missy and she loves it. I was very surprised she did with her issues and such so grabbed it. When going over the lyrics the word keep me warm kept jumping out at me and warm she was. It came in handy the next day when we went out to Bluff knoll.I also had a play around with making my own vine out of a brown paper bag. You can find the tutorial here. I ended up cutting some of my strips to 1 1/2 inches as I found 3 made a chunkier vine. And I made the flowers from some dress patterns that my Ruby street goodies came wrapped in. Thanks Nicole for the idea to use one of my many punches. You can find her flower tutorial up on the Lime Tart blog.
I had fun making up the vine that I have since done another which I will share once I get the photos of my camera.
Did you notice the Jenni Bolwin papers on my page? I used my dt pack from Just scrapping to do it. Some of the papers threw me at first but I got there in the end.
Till next time thanks for popping in, any comments and happy scrapping.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this....always adore your work!!! Have a great day!!! :)

Kerryn said...

Thanks Julie, I am trying that one for sure!!! :)

yyam said...

The flowers look great Julie!

Maria said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for the link will try these for sure, thanks for sharing...Love your latest layouts especially the one for The Let's get Shabby that is just devine.....